DARIEN, Conn. - Lois L. Bates, a longtime resident of Darien, died Wednesday, Feb. 26. She was 83.
Bates was born April 23, 1930, to Frank and Mary Heinbaugh. She worked as a market research coder for several local firms. She was a member of the Better Breathing Club at the Tully Health Center.
Bates is survived by her husband, Franklin of Darien; daughter, Jeanette Soltes of Stamford; sons, William of Fairfield and Daniel of Southbury; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and sisters, Liberty Magnuson and Audrey Papp.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Celebration of Life will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Stamford Hospital, Pulmonary Rehab Fund, c/o Stamford Hospital Foundation, 1351 Washington Blvd., Stamford, CT 06902 or Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, 74 Cheshire Road, P.O. Box 70, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy