DARIEN, Conn. - Lois L. Bates, a longtime resident of Darien, died Wednesday, Feb. 26. She was 83.
Bates was born April 23, 1930, to Frank and Mary Heinbaugh. She worked as a market research coder for several local firms. She was a member of the Better Breathing Club at the Tully Health Center.
Bates is survived by her husband, Franklin of Darien; daughter, Jeanette Soltes of Stamford; sons, William of Fairfield and Daniel of Southbury; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and sisters, Liberty Magnuson and Audrey Papp.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Celebration of Life will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Stamford Hospital, Pulmonary Rehab Fund, c/o Stamford Hospital Foundation, 1351 Washington Blvd., Stamford, CT 06902 or Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, 74 Cheshire Road, P.O. Box 70, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash