DARIEN, Conn. – Malcolm H. Brown of Darien died Jan. 2 at home after a three-year battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 59.
Born April 2, 1953, in Brookeborough, Northern Ireland, he was the son of William and Iris Brown. He immigrated to the United States in 1956. He graduated from Darien High School and was the owner of M.H. Brown Landscaping Services for 40 years.
Brown was an avid outdoorsman and had a great love of hunting, fishing and boating. He was a member of the Darien Boat Club, as well as a former member of the Darien Lions Club and Darien Fire Department.
He is survived by his wife, Dale Brown; three children, Jenifer Brown, of Charleston, S.C., Matthew Brown and Todd (Debbie) Latham, both of Darien; two brothers, William (Mary) Brown and David (Cathy) Brown; two grandchildren; and five nephews.
Visitation is from 4-8 p.m. Friday at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. There will be a memorial service at 11 a.m. Saturday at Noroton Presbyterian Chapel in Darien.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to The Lustgarten Foundation, 1111 Stewart Ave., Bethpage, NY 11714.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal