DARIEN, Conn. - Margaret H. Schaefer of Darien died Sunday, Feb. 16. She was 91.
Schaefer was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Nutley, N.J., and grew up in Englewood, N.J. After her marriage she moved to Darien with her family in the mid 1970s. She was a member of the Garden Club of Darien and the Garden Club of America. She was also a long time member of the Shinnecock Yacht Club, the Quogue Field Club and the Quogue Beach Club.
Schaefer is survived by her daughters, Lynn Schaefer Anderson and Meg Schaefer; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Fred; and sons, Rick and Christopher.
Interment will be private with a celebration of Schaefer’s life at a later date.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien