DARIEN, Conn. - Margaret H. Schaefer of Darien died Sunday, Feb. 16. She was 91.
Schaefer was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Nutley, N.J., and grew up in Englewood, N.J. After her marriage she moved to Darien with her family in the mid 1970s. She was a member of the Garden Club of Darien and the Garden Club of America. She was also a long time member of the Shinnecock Yacht Club, the Quogue Field Club and the Quogue Beach Club.
Schaefer is survived by her daughters, Lynn Schaefer Anderson and Meg Schaefer; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Fred; and sons, Rick and Christopher.
Interment will be private with a celebration of Schaefer’s life at a later date.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard