DARIEN, Conn. - Margaret H. Schaefer of Darien died Sunday, Feb. 16. She was 91.
Schaefer was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Nutley, N.J., and grew up in Englewood, N.J. After her marriage she moved to Darien with her family in the mid 1970s. She was a member of the Garden Club of Darien and the Garden Club of America. She was also a long time member of the Shinnecock Yacht Club, the Quogue Field Club and the Quogue Beach Club.
Schaefer is survived by her daughters, Lynn Schaefer Anderson and Meg Schaefer; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Fred; and sons, Rick and Christopher.
Interment will be private with a celebration of Schaefer’s life at a later date.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools