DARIEN, Conn. - Margaret H. Schaefer of Darien died Sunday, Feb. 16. She was 91.
Schaefer was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Nutley, N.J., and grew up in Englewood, N.J. After her marriage she moved to Darien with her family in the mid 1970s. She was a member of the Garden Club of Darien and the Garden Club of America. She was also a long time member of the Shinnecock Yacht Club, the Quogue Field Club and the Quogue Beach Club.
Schaefer is survived by her daughters, Lynn Schaefer Anderson and Meg Schaefer; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Fred; and sons, Rick and Christopher.
Interment will be private with a celebration of Schaefer’s life at a later date.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich