DARIEN, Conn. - Margaret H. Schaefer of Darien died Sunday, Feb. 16. She was 91.
Schaefer was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Nutley, N.J., and grew up in Englewood, N.J. After her marriage she moved to Darien with her family in the mid 1970s. She was a member of the Garden Club of Darien and the Garden Club of America. She was also a long time member of the Shinnecock Yacht Club, the Quogue Field Club and the Quogue Beach Club.
Schaefer is survived by her daughters, Lynn Schaefer Anderson and Meg Schaefer; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Fred; and sons, Rick and Christopher.
Interment will be private with a celebration of Schaefer’s life at a later date.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Darien Teen Charged With Possession Of Alcohol At Fireworks
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Darien College Student Among White House Interns