DARIEN, Conn. - Marjorie Eleanor McGoldrick of Darien died Friday, July 18. She was 90.
McGoldrick was born Nov. 21, 1923, in Bay City, Mich., the daughter of Jeannette and David Kunkel. She grew up in Muskegon, Mich., and moved to New York to attend Manhattanville College and the Juilliard School of Music. Following her marriage, she lived with her family in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and England, as well as in Manhattan, until moving to Darien in 1969. She was a member of the Darien Community Association and the Tokeneke Club.
McGoldrick is survived by her children, Ellen McGoldrick of Manhattan, David McGoldrick (Terrill) of Norwalk, Marguerite McGoldrick de Jonge (William) of Manhattan, and Melanie McGoldrick Majeski (Robert) of Stratford; and four grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Bernard; and brother, Col. David E. Kunkel Jr.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road in Darien.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry