DARIEN, Conn. - Marjorie North Wadhams, a longtime resident of Darien, died Monday, March 10. She was 87.
Wadhams was born July 9, 1926, to Charles William North and Alice Lillian Lee. She grew up in Darien. She graduated from Darien High School in 1944. Following high school, she attended Centenary College in New Jersey, where she played on the basketball team and was a member of the Theta Epsilon Nu sorority. She graduated in 1946. For nearly 20 years, she co-managed Tots 'n' Teens, a lively local thrift shop whose proceeds benefitted Planned Parenthood. She was married to Robert D. Wadhams of Stamford.
She was a lifelong Christian Scientist and was active for many years in both the Darien and Greenwich branch churches.
Wadhams is survived by her children, Russell D. Wadhams of New York City and Christy W. Ehlers of Mystic; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her brothers, Russell and Robert.
A private memorial service will be held later in the spring.
Contributions may be made to High Ridge House, Inc., 5959 Independence Ave., Bronx, NY, 10471.
For more information, please visit: www.lawrencefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat