DARIEN, Conn. - Mary Cogswell Kaufmann, a 65 year resident of Darien, died Friday, March 21. She was 96.
Kaufmann was born Jan. 21, 1918, in Pittsburgh, Pa., she was the daughter of Frederick and Lee Cogswell. She graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1939 with a B.S. degree in English.
Kaufmann is survived by her children, Robert C. Kaufmann of Silver Spring, Md., Susan K. Harris of Rowayton, William R. Kaufmann of Newnan, Ga.; and eight grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Robert Kaufmann.
A Memorial Service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11 at St. Luke's Parish, 1864 Post Road, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Kaufmann's name to Person-to-Person, 1864 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine
- 5 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus