DARIEN, Conn. - Mary Louise F. Kaptain of Darien died February 20. She was 94.
Kaptain was born in Watertown, N.Y., in 1919, but grew up in Great Neck, Long Island, N.Y. She was the daughter of Roy K. Ferguson. She attended the Principia in St. Louis. After her marriage, she lived in Texas, Mississippi and Georgia, settling eventually in Jacksonville, Fla. She belonged to both the Ponta Vedra B.C. and the Timaquana C.C., and she was president of the Children's Museum.
The family moved to Darien in 1965. They were longtime members of the Wee Burn Country Club. She was active in the Darien Community Association. She last resided at the Atria in Darien.
Kaptain is survived by her daughters, Kathleen Snowdon of Madison and Jocelyn Kaptain of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; and sister, Elizabeth Clark of Syracuse, N.Y. She was predeceased by her father, Roy; and husband, Stephen P. Kaptain.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at St. Luke's Episcopal Chapel, 1864 Post Road, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Kaptain's memory to the Connecticut Humane Society, 701 Russell Road, Newington CT 06111.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien