DARIEN, Conn. - Mary Louise F. Kaptain of Darien died February 20. She was 94.
Kaptain was born in Watertown, N.Y., in 1919, but grew up in Great Neck, Long Island, N.Y. She was the daughter of Roy K. Ferguson. She attended the Principia in St. Louis. After her marriage, she lived in Texas, Mississippi and Georgia, settling eventually in Jacksonville, Fla. She belonged to both the Ponta Vedra B.C. and the Timaquana C.C., and she was president of the Children's Museum.
The family moved to Darien in 1965. They were longtime members of the Wee Burn Country Club. She was active in the Darien Community Association. She last resided at the Atria in Darien.
Kaptain is survived by her daughters, Kathleen Snowdon of Madison and Jocelyn Kaptain of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; and sister, Elizabeth Clark of Syracuse, N.Y. She was predeceased by her father, Roy; and husband, Stephen P. Kaptain.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at St. Luke's Episcopal Chapel, 1864 Post Road, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Kaptain's memory to the Connecticut Humane Society, 701 Russell Road, Newington CT 06111.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com.
- 1 Dogs Attack Woman And Her Labrador At Darien's Tilley Pond Park
- 2 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge On Route 1 In Darien
- 4 Darien Selectman Kicks Up Her Heels At ElderHouse's Dancing With The Stars
- 5 Darien Man Wins Paddle With A Paddle To Benefit AmeriCares