DARIEN, Conn. – Michael (Mookie) Cade Ruegger, 31, a former Darien resident, died on Feb. 3 in Dover, N.J.
Ruegger was born on Feb. 10, 1982, in Greenwich and was the son of Arthur and Susan Ruegger of Darien.
He graduated from Darien High School in 2001. He was active on the debate team and was the football team manager.
He received his bachelor’s degree from Hofstra University and a masters degree from Southern Connecticut State University. He was pursuing a doctorate degree in history from SUNY Albany at the time of his death. Bruegger fought a lifelong battle with Muscular Dystrophy.
Ruegger was also active in in the Darien Democratic party and was a member of the RTM from 2007-2008, where he represented District 2. For the past year, he resided at the Respiratory Rehabilitation Center at St. Clare’s Hospital in Dover, N.J
Ruegger is survived by his parents; sister Cait; grandparents Catherine and Herman Ruegger of Wellington, Fla; and Mary Hildebrand of Nashville, Tenn.
Calling hours will be held at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 from 3-5 and 7-9 p.m. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014 at 2 p.m. at St. Luke's Parish, 1864 Post Road in Darien.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm