DARIEN, Conn. - Nancy Conley of Darien died March 29. She was 83.
Conley was born in Lakeland, Fla., in 1929. She graduated from Florida State University with a degree in teaching. After a short spell teaching elementary school in her hometown, she moved to Chicago and became a stewardess with American Airlines. After her marriage she moved to Darien in 1966.
She was a member of the Noroton Presbyterian Church and was a longtime member of Wee Burn Country Club.
Conley is survived by her children, Clint (Deborah) of Concord, Mass., Peter (Ana Maria) of Miami Beach, Fla., Sally of Jupiter, Fla., and James, of Exeter, N.H.; 10 grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
A memorial service is planned for Wednesday, April 2 at 11 a.m. at the Noroton Presbyterian Church, 2011 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Salvation Army, 19 Crescent Street, Stamford, CT 06906.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 3 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl