BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Nazearth Twyne of Bridgeport died Thursday, Aug. 21. She was 87.
Twyne was born in Spartanburg, S.C., to Alex and Mary (Foster) Turner. She was employed for many years at the Darien Dry Cleaners. She was a member of the Ladies' Auxiliary of the American Legion Colonel Charles Young Post in Bridgeport.
Twyne is survived by her daughter, Shirley Kelly of Bridgeport; four grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; six great great grandchildren; a great great great grandchild; and many nieces, nephews; and extended relatives. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Richard Twyne, Jr.; three brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are from 11:30 a.m. until the time of service. The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26 at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center with Pastor Carolyn Evans officiating. Interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien