DARIEN, Conn. - Pasquale L. Sannino, a resident of Darien for 47 years, died Friday, March 7. He was 87.
Sannino was born June 21, 1926, to Luca and Annunziata (Autiero) Sannino in Torre del Greco, Italy. He joined the Italian merchant marine in 1947. He served on the ship Orcd' Allo for 10 years. He then Immigrated to the U.S. in 1957. He worked for Pitney Bowes for over 30 years. He served for years as a eucharistic minister at St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Church in Darien.
Sannino is survived by his wife, Tina Sannino of Darien; daughters, Nancy Shullman (Michael) of New Canaan and Melina Duignan (Bill) of Monroe; brother, Luigi Sannino of Irvington, N.J.; and seven grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and first wife, Emma Sannino.
Calling hours are Monday, March 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Rd., Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 11 at St Aloysius RC Church, 40 Maple St., New Canaan. Entombment will follow at St John's Cemetery in Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County, P.O. Box 489, Wilton, CT 06897.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana