NORWALK, Conn. - Raymond F. Potts, a resident of Norwalk and a former longtime resident of Darien, died Sunday, June 8. He was 81.
Potts was born Dec. 13, 1932, in Stamford, he was the son of Anna and Thomas Potts. He was a graduate of Stamford High School. He served with the U. S. Navy and worked at the Darien Post Office for over 40 years. He was a volunteer with the Darien Fire Department and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Potts is survived by his wife, Cecelia Tiano Potts of Norwalk; daughter, Alison Potts Groenstein (Mark) of Fairfield; two grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and siblings, Ann Potts Pleasic, Dorothy Potts Jovin, Irene Potts and Thomas Potts.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Matthews R.C. Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Burial will follow at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk.
For more information, please visit: www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 4 Darien Swimmers, Divers Get Up Early For Fundraiser
- 5 Darien Will See Fall Foliage Peak In Mid-October