STAMFORD, Conn. - Remigio Conetta, a 60-year resident of Stamford, died Thursday, Jan. 16. He was 92.
Conetta was born March 20, 1921, in Settefrati, Italy; son of Luigi and Concetta (Vitti) Conetta. He worked as a mason and laborer for many years. He also worked for the Darien Public Schools as a custodian for over 20 years. He was a member of the Settefratese Social Club in Stamford.
Conetta is survived by his wife, Antonia Colomba Massarella Conetta of Stamford; sons, Louis (Maryann), of Orange, Anthony (Jacqueline) and Joseph (Emily), all of Darien; seven grandchildren; and nine great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at St. John R.C. Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Entombment will follow at St. John Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Red Cross, 209 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT 06032.
- 1 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'