STAMFORD, Conn. - Remigio Conetta, a 60-year resident of Stamford, died Thursday, Jan. 16. He was 92.
Conetta was born March 20, 1921, in Settefrati, Italy; son of Luigi and Concetta (Vitti) Conetta. He worked as a mason and laborer for many years. He also worked for the Darien Public Schools as a custodian for over 20 years. He was a member of the Settefratese Social Club in Stamford.
Conetta is survived by his wife, Antonia Colomba Massarella Conetta of Stamford; sons, Louis (Maryann), of Orange, Anthony (Jacqueline) and Joseph (Emily), all of Darien; seven grandchildren; and nine great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at St. John R.C. Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Entombment will follow at St. John Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Red Cross, 209 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT 06032.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library