RUTLAND, Vt. - Robert E. Alexander, a seven year resident of Rutland, Vt. and a longtime resident of Darien, died Sunday, April 13. He was 96.
Alexander was born Aug. 9, 1917, in Norwalk, he was the son of Frank and Alice (Christie) Alexander. He worked for the Darien Post Office for 38 years as a letter carrier and also worked at Ring's End in Darien. He was a member of the Darien Fire Department for 79 years and a former past president, a member of Ivanhoe Masonic Lodge in Darien since 1948, a former president of the Federal Employees Credit Union and a longtime member of the Darien AARP. He was also a longtime member of the First Congregational Church of Darien and served with the U.S. Army during World War II.
Alexander is survived by his wife, Helen Fidler Alexander of Rutland, Vt.; son, Robert Alexander, Jr. (Patricia) of Londonderry, Vt.; three grandchildren; and two great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Clifford Alexander.
A graveside service will be held at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 16 at Spring Grove Cemetery, 41 Hecker Ave., Darien.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Darien Fire Department, 848 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820.
For more information, please visit: www.lawrencefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield