DARIEN, Conn. – Therese Dumont, a longtime Darien resident, died Nov. 12 in Stamford after a brief illness. She was 90.
Born Sept. 9, 1922, in Daigle, Maine, she was one of 21 children born to Damase and Edwidge Ouellette Bouchard. Raised in Keegan, Maine, she was married to Chanel P. Dumont, who predeceased her in 2011. She moved to Darien with her husband in 1946. She lived in Darien for 63 years.
She is survived by two sons, Daniel Dumont, of Pendleton, Ore., and Paul (Fran) Dumont, of Armonk; a daughter, Diane (Robert) McGrath, of Norwalk; a brother, Lawrence Bouchard, of Keegan; two sisters, Laurette Gendreau, of East Hartford, Conn., and Marcella Madore, of Coventry, Conn.; 12 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews.Dumont was predeceased by two daughters, Denise and Donna.
Visitation is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at noon at St. John's Church in Darien. Burial will follow at Willowbrook Cemetery in Westport.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Foundation for the Blind, 2 Penn Plaza, Suite 1102, New York, NY 10121.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien