DARIEN, Conn. - Virginia (Mailhot) Morris of Darien died Saturday, Feb. 8. She was 91.
Morris graduated from Stamford High School class of 1939, and began her career at Yale & Towne. She later worked for Nestle Corp. She lived with her family in St. Louis, Chicago, Stamford, and Wingate, N.C. before relocating to Darien in 1994 to be closer to her children and grandchildren.
Morris is survived by her children, Barbara Gerardi (Dennis) of Laguna Nigel, Calif., Art Morris (Barbara) of Darien and Jackie Ryan (Mark) of Stamford; five grandchildren; and three great grandchildren; and brothers, Edward Mailhot of Stamford and Tom Mailhot of Napa, Calif. She was predeceased by her husband, Tom Morris; brother, Charlie Mailhot; and sisters, Jackie Waterbury and Helen Verderosa.
Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. Thomas More Church in Darien and burial following at St. John's Cemetery, 35 Camp Ave., Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Masonicare Home Health & Hospice: 535 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, CT 06850.
- 1 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield