DARIEN, Conn. - Virginia (Mailhot) Morris of Darien died Saturday, Feb. 8. She was 91.
Morris graduated from Stamford High School class of 1939, and began her career at Yale & Towne. She later worked for Nestle Corp. She lived with her family in St. Louis, Chicago, Stamford, and Wingate, N.C. before relocating to Darien in 1994 to be closer to her children and grandchildren.
Morris is survived by her children, Barbara Gerardi (Dennis) of Laguna Nigel, Calif., Art Morris (Barbara) of Darien and Jackie Ryan (Mark) of Stamford; five grandchildren; and three great grandchildren; and brothers, Edward Mailhot of Stamford and Tom Mailhot of Napa, Calif. She was predeceased by her husband, Tom Morris; brother, Charlie Mailhot; and sisters, Jackie Waterbury and Helen Verderosa.
Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. Thomas More Church in Darien and burial following at St. John's Cemetery, 35 Camp Ave., Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Masonicare Home Health & Hospice: 535 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, CT 06850.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal