DARIEN, Conn. - Walter E. Mueller of Darien died Friday, May 23. He was 89.
Mueller was born April 5, 1925, the son of Henry and Lillian Mueller. After high school, he served in the Philippines during World War II. A graduate of Hofstra University, he was employed in the insurance industry.
Mueller is survived by his wife, Madeleine; daughter, Jeanne Siviski of Albion, Maine; and sister, Joan Knobel, of Swansboro, N.C. He was predeceased by his parents; son, John; brother, Henry Mueller; and sister, Margaret Dillingham.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 28, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, May 28, at 10 a.m. in St. John Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Interment will be private.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend