STAMFORD, Conn. - Walter Ghilardi, a Stamford resident, died Thursday, Aug. 14. He was 86.
Ghilardi was born Aug. 18, 1927, in Chimbote, Peru, to Gregorio Ghilardi and Maria Mezzich. He retired from the Country Club of Darien, where he worked as a bartender manager.
Ghilardi is survived by his daughters, Racquel Falco of Sparta, N.J., Deborah Prizio of Roswell, Ga., Cindi Pierce of Woodstock, Ga.; son, Philip Bertuccio of Portsmouth, R.I.; seven grandchildren; a great grandson; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Ghilardi; son, Richard Wade; five sisters; and three brothers.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Burial will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien