STAMFORD, Conn. - Walter Ghilardi, a Stamford resident, died Thursday, Aug. 14. He was 86.
Ghilardi was born Aug. 18, 1927, in Chimbote, Peru, to Gregorio Ghilardi and Maria Mezzich. He retired from the Country Club of Darien, where he worked as a bartender manager.
Ghilardi is survived by his daughters, Racquel Falco of Sparta, N.J., Deborah Prizio of Roswell, Ga., Cindi Pierce of Woodstock, Ga.; son, Philip Bertuccio of Portsmouth, R.I.; seven grandchildren; a great grandson; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Ghilardi; son, Richard Wade; five sisters; and three brothers.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Burial will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine