STAMFORD, Conn. - Walter Ghilardi, a Stamford resident, died Thursday, Aug. 14. He was 86.
Ghilardi was born Aug. 18, 1927, in Chimbote, Peru, to Gregorio Ghilardi and Maria Mezzich. He retired from the Country Club of Darien, where he worked as a bartender manager.
Ghilardi is survived by his daughters, Racquel Falco of Sparta, N.J., Deborah Prizio of Roswell, Ga., Cindi Pierce of Woodstock, Ga.; son, Philip Bertuccio of Portsmouth, R.I.; seven grandchildren; a great grandson; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Ghilardi; son, Richard Wade; five sisters; and three brothers.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Burial will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Darien Skies Sunday
- 3 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 4 Darien Native Joins Greenwich Police Force
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street