STAMFORD, Conn. - Walter Ghilardi, a Stamford resident, died Thursday, Aug. 14. He was 86.
Ghilardi was born Aug. 18, 1927, in Chimbote, Peru, to Gregorio Ghilardi and Maria Mezzich. He retired from the Country Club of Darien, where he worked as a bartender manager.
Ghilardi is survived by his daughters, Racquel Falco of Sparta, N.J., Deborah Prizio of Roswell, Ga., Cindi Pierce of Woodstock, Ga.; son, Philip Bertuccio of Portsmouth, R.I.; seven grandchildren; a great grandson; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marilyn Ghilardi; son, Richard Wade; five sisters; and three brothers.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Burial will follow in St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl