DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
As a Darien resident and a woman who ran global fashion businesses from New York City, I have real empathy for our local merchants and know that shopping in a tax free week, while nice, does not make a dent in a year! Connecticut needs its businesses to grow, it adds to employment, a sense of community, and both can be easily taken for granted.
Small businesses are the lifeblood of small communities such as Darien. Gov. Dan Malloy recognized that as a mayor of Stamford for 14 years.
Shortly after being elected, Gov. Malloy enacted a bipartisan initiative called the Small Business Express Program. The program has awarded almost $150 million to 1,100 small businesses, creating nearly 15,000 new jobs across the state. This is an unprecedented investment in small businesses.
A large beneficiary of this funding has gone to businesses owned, operated, and staffed by women and minorities. As a woman who owns a business I applaud the leadership and vision of Gov. Malloy. That’s just one of the reasons I am asking that you join me in supporting Gov. Dan Malloy for re-election.
Make a difference where you live.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 Man Finds Hand Grenade In Darien Basement
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation