DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Please send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the editor:
In our community, we know how important education is for our children’s success. I was fortunate enough to have multiple pre-k programs from which to choose for my two daughters. They then went on to thrive at Hindley Elementary and Middlesex Middle School.
To truly invest in our state, we need to ensure that all of our schools are strong and well funded. In the last four years Gov. Dannel Malloy has shown the vision and passion to invest in education and our children’s future.
While other states are cutting education funding, Governor Malloy has increased spending for our classrooms by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Early childhood education has been a priority of the Malloy administration. The current funding secured will provide pre-k access to an additional 1,020 children by 2015. This allocation of funds is another step in a five-year plan to expand early childhood education opportunities to serve 4,010 additional children by 2019.
Because I believe strongly in the importance of pre-k education specifically, and the need to increase educational funding in general, I will be voting for the re-election of Gov. Dan Malloy. I encourage all of my friends in Darien to do so as well.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Darien, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night