DARIEN, Conn. – A suspect took more than $1,800 worth of medication and electric toothbrushes from the CVS Pharmacy on the Post Road in Darien last week, according to police reports.
Police believe the same suspect was involved in two separate thefts, one on the morning of Jan. 17 and the other on Jan. 18.
In the first case, the man entered the store at about 8 a.m. Friday and took electric toothbrushes off the shelves and put them in his coat, according to the police report. He left the store and returned about six minutes later. On the second trip he took packages of Prilosec, a heartburn medication, and left, police said.
Video footage shows the same man entering the store Saturday at about 8 a.m., when he again took toothbrushes and Priolsec and walked out of the store without paying, police said. In total, the store reported 37 packages of medication and seven electric toothbrushes missing, with a combined value of $1,803.
The suspect is a white or possibly Hispanic man with a mustache. In both cases, he was wearing a hooded jacket with a logo on the back, a black knit cap, dark jeans and black-and-white sneakers.
Anyone with information on the suspect should contact the Darien Police at 203-662-5300.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director