DARIEN, Conn. - Several Darien businesses were broken into Friday night, police said, though nothing appears to have been taken from any of them.
A police officer walking past Mama Camerla's Deli on Post Road at 6 a.m. was flagged down by the owner, who said someone had tried to break in. The would-be burglar had tried to pry open the back door, but had been unsuccessful. The owner discovered the damage 10 minutes prior to alerting the officer.
While investigating the attempted break-in at Mama Camerla's, officers noticed that the rear door to nearby Puritan Variety was ajar. Somebody had used a crowbar to pry it open. It is unknown if anything was taken.
An employee of Abelo's Deli on Tokeneke Road was reporting to work at 5:30 a.m. Saturday and discovered that the front door locking mechanism had been damaged and there were visible pry marks on the door.
Later that afternoon, a burglary to Power X Training on Post Road was reported. The owner's fiance told police that he noticed footprints leading into the boiler room and the bathroom areas of the fitness center. There were no signs of forced entry, police said.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm