DARIEN, Conn. - A Stamford owner of a construction company was arrested in Darien on larceny charges dating back two years, police said.
Ralph Darinzo, 49, was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny. He was released on a $50,000 bond and will appear in court Feb. 22. Police said he also was arrested in Stamford on similar charges.
Police said they first received a complaint in January 2011 from a home owner who had contracted Darinzo for home improvements. The home owner said Darinzo had been paid up front to cover the initial costs and continued to ask for payment during the course of the project, police said.
Despite being paid, Darinzo failed to complete some of the work and failed to pay subcontractors, according to police reports. He owed one subcontractor $38,000 and another $28,000, police said. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he was taken into custody Friday.
- 1 Thousands Charged To Credit Cards Stolen At Restaurant In Darien
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Darien Police Announce All-Night Parking Restrictions
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Darien