DARIEN, Conn. - A Stamford owner of a construction company was arrested in Darien on larceny charges dating back two years, police said.
Ralph Darinzo, 49, was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny. He was released on a $50,000 bond and will appear in court Feb. 22. Police said he also was arrested in Stamford on similar charges.
Police said they first received a complaint in January 2011 from a home owner who had contracted Darinzo for home improvements. The home owner said Darinzo had been paid up front to cover the initial costs and continued to ask for payment during the course of the project, police said.
Despite being paid, Darinzo failed to complete some of the work and failed to pay subcontractors, according to police reports. He owed one subcontractor $38,000 and another $28,000, police said. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he was taken into custody Friday.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm