DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien orthopedic surgeon was charged with assaulting his wife on Tuesday, March 18, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Robert George, 73, a former member of the Emergency Medical Services Review Committee and a current member of the District III Representative Town Meeting, was arrested after his wife filed a report with police about a verbal altercation between the two that became physical, the Stamford Advocate reported.
George's wife said the argument became physical after she attempted to contact a substance abuse counselor for him Monday, March 10, the Advocate said. George struck his wife with an open hand on her back, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Darien