DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien orthopedic surgeon was charged with assaulting his wife on Tuesday, March 18, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Robert George, 73, a former member of the Emergency Medical Services Review Committee and a current member of the District III Representative Town Meeting, was arrested after his wife filed a report with police about a verbal altercation between the two that became physical, the Stamford Advocate reported.
George's wife said the argument became physical after she attempted to contact a substance abuse counselor for him Monday, March 10, the Advocate said. George struck his wife with an open hand on her back, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters