DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien orthopedic surgeon was charged with assaulting his wife on Tuesday, March 18, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Robert George, 73, a former member of the Emergency Medical Services Review Committee and a current member of the District III Representative Town Meeting, was arrested after his wife filed a report with police about a verbal altercation between the two that became physical, the Stamford Advocate reported.
George's wife said the argument became physical after she attempted to contact a substance abuse counselor for him Monday, March 10, the Advocate said. George struck his wife with an open hand on her back, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Darien Hockey Player Draws Interest Of NHL Scouts
- 2 Darien High School Ranked Fourth-Best In Connecticut
- 3 Darien Home To 5 Of The 25 Best Elementary Schools In The State
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Darien; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely