DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien orthopedic surgeon was charged with assaulting his wife on Tuesday, March 18, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Robert George, 73, a former member of the Emergency Medical Services Review Committee and a current member of the District III Representative Town Meeting, was arrested after his wife filed a report with police about a verbal altercation between the two that became physical, the Stamford Advocate reported.
George's wife said the argument became physical after she attempted to contact a substance abuse counselor for him Monday, March 10, the Advocate said. George struck his wife with an open hand on her back, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 3 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien