DARIEN, Conn. – A Darien man was charged with driving while intoxicated after a three-car accident last week, according to police reports.
Daniel Hughes, 47, of Hollow Tree Ridge Road was heading north on Mansfield Avenue on Dec. 30 when he crossed the center line and collided with an oncoming car, according to accident investigators. The collision drove the other car into another vehicle behind it, police said.
When police arrived on the scene, Hughes was out of his car, and officers believed he had trouble walking back to his vehicle, police said. He admitted to officers that he had been drinking that day, but he did not believe he had too much, according to the police report. He was unable to complete field sobriety tests and was arrested, police said.
No serious injuries were reported. One driver sustained a minor cut during the collision, but the driver declined medical attention at the scene, according to the police report.
Hughes was charged with driving while intoxicated, failure to have insurance and failure to drive on the right. He was released after posting $250 bond, and he is due in court Jan. 9.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Darien; Blizzard Warning Issued