DARIEN, Conn. -- In the wake of two recent fire tragedies -- one that took two lives in Fairfield on Monday, March 10, and a second that took three lives in West Haven on Tuesday March 11 -- the Darien fire marshal’s office urges all residents to check the operation of their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
The U.S> Fire Administration in their Civilian Residential Fire Fatality Notice states that since Jan. 1, there have been 771 civilian fire casualties in the United States.
If any resident is in need of smoke detectors, assistance with changing detector batteries or installing new detectors, they may call 203-656-7345 to arrange for someone to come to their home to do so at no charge.
For further information contact Fire Marshal Robert J. Buch via email at BBuch@darienct.gov or at 203-656-7345.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Darien's The Goose Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol