DARIEN, Conn. – The suspects in a Darien home invasion earlier this year have additionally been charged with a different Darien theft from last August, police said.
Michael Apuzzo, 25, and Alexis Jordan, 22, both of Hamden, were arrested in Darien on Jan. 30 on home invasion charges. The pair has been accused of breaking into a Priscilla Lane home that afternoon and striking a 68-year-old woman with a wooden box during an attempted theft, according to police reports.
While investigating that case, Darien Police found evidence linking the two to a burglary on Sunset Road in August 2013, police said. In that incident, jewelry was reported missing, some of which officers recovered from the pair’s home, according to a police report.
The two had previously been charged as suspects in a Norwalk burglary after a similar investigation, according to police reports.
Apuzzo and Jordan have been in custody since their arrests in January while awaiting trial. The two were taken to Stamford Superior Court and charged with first-degree larceny and conspiracy Wednesday. Each was assigned a bond of $20,000 for the new charges.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk