DARIEN, Conn. – A Darien man faces drunken-driving charges after crashing into a tree and fleeing the scene Sunday, according to police reports.
Darien Police received multiple 911 calls about a one-car crash into a tree off Hollow Tree Ridge Road near Wildwood Lane on Sunday evening. When officers arrived, the car was empty and it had heavy front-end and windshield damage, according to the accident report.
The car’s registration was listed at a Middlesex Road address. There, police found Jeffrey Zarrelli, 32, of Middlesex Road, who admitted to driving the car and leaving the scene, police said. He did not complain of any injuries, according to the police report.
Zarrelli appeared uneasy on his feet, slurred his words as he spoke to officers, and failed a field sobriety test, police said. He was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, evading responsibility and a motor vehicle infraction. He was released after posting $250 bond, and is due in court on Feb. 5.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Darien
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report