DARIEN, Conn. - Two employees of the Equinox gym in Darien were charged with stealing members' credit card information to buy clothes, police said.
Katlyne Lauture, 25, and Monefa Hamilton, 23, of Stamford were charged with third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit third-degree larceny and illegal use of credit cards. They surrendered Friday after being notified of warrants for their arrest and were released on a promise to appear in court on March 4, police said.
Management notified police that the two employees used members' credit card information to make clothing purchases at the Equinox gyms in Darien and Greenwich, according to police reports. Seven purchases were made between Nov. 27 and Dec. 6, totaling $1,621.55, police said.
Police believe that Lauture obtained the credit card information, recorded the numbers and provided them to Hamilton, who made the purchases. When confronted, both women admitted to their illegal activities, according to police.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library