DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police have located and identified a woman who offered children puppies as they walked home from school on Tuesday, Aug. 26.
Police received three reports Tuesday of children being approached by a woman in an SUV as they walked home from school on Middlesex Road. The woman asked the children if they wanted any puppies, and when the children replied that they did not, she kept driving.
Police said that the woman is a dog breeder out of Brewster, N.Y. with ties to the area. She told police that she did not believe she was doing anything wrong. Police explained to her that approaching children in this manner is ill advised.
No charges were filed in the incident, and police said that they consider the case closed.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens