DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police have located and identified a woman who offered children puppies as they walked home from school on Tuesday, Aug. 26.
Police received three reports Tuesday of children being approached by a woman in an SUV as they walked home from school on Middlesex Road. The woman asked the children if they wanted any puppies, and when the children replied that they did not, she kept driving.
Police said that the woman is a dog breeder out of Brewster, N.Y. with ties to the area. She told police that she did not believe she was doing anything wrong. Police explained to her that approaching children in this manner is ill advised.
No charges were filed in the incident, and police said that they consider the case closed.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 3 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien