DARIEN, Conn. - An employee of Darien Whole Foods was charged with stealing a customer's purse in December, according to police.
Robert Simmons, 44, of Greenwich, was charged with third-degree larceny and theft of credit card. He was released on a promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
A woman eating lunch at Whole Foods Dec. 16 accidentally left her purse behind when she was finished. When she went back to get it, it was gone, police said. She checked with the management but nobody had turned it in. The value of the purse and its contents was approximately $2,300, according to police.
Management reviewed surveillance video and saw Simmons, a maintenance employee, take the purse, according to police. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he turned himself in Feb. 7.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies