DARIEN, Conn. - An employee of Darien Whole Foods was charged with stealing a customer's purse in December, according to police.
Robert Simmons, 44, of Greenwich, was charged with third-degree larceny and theft of credit card. He was released on a promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
A woman eating lunch at Whole Foods Dec. 16 accidentally left her purse behind when she was finished. When she went back to get it, it was gone, police said. She checked with the management but nobody had turned it in. The value of the purse and its contents was approximately $2,300, according to police.
Management reviewed surveillance video and saw Simmons, a maintenance employee, take the purse, according to police. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he turned himself in Feb. 7.
- 1 Darien Man Charged With Assaulting, Strangling Wife In Stamford
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 House Speaker John Boehner Drops By The Goose In Darien
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Darien
- 5 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist