DARIEN, Conn. - An employee of Darien Whole Foods was charged with stealing a customer's purse in December, according to police.
Robert Simmons, 44, of Greenwich, was charged with third-degree larceny and theft of credit card. He was released on a promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
A woman eating lunch at Whole Foods Dec. 16 accidentally left her purse behind when she was finished. When she went back to get it, it was gone, police said. She checked with the management but nobody had turned it in. The value of the purse and its contents was approximately $2,300, according to police.
Management reviewed surveillance video and saw Simmons, a maintenance employee, take the purse, according to police. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he turned himself in Feb. 7.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens