DARIEN, Conn. - An employee of Darien Whole Foods was charged with stealing a customer's purse in December, according to police.
Robert Simmons, 44, of Greenwich, was charged with third-degree larceny and theft of credit card. He was released on a promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
A woman eating lunch at Whole Foods Dec. 16 accidentally left her purse behind when she was finished. When she went back to get it, it was gone, police said. She checked with the management but nobody had turned it in. The value of the purse and its contents was approximately $2,300, according to police.
Management reviewed surveillance video and saw Simmons, a maintenance employee, take the purse, according to police. A warrant was issued for his arrest and he turned himself in Feb. 7.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Darien
- 3 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 4 Darien Honors Veterans With Wreaths Across America Ceremony
- 5 Darien's Taylor Named State's Gatorade Volleyball Player Of The Year