DARIEN, Conn. -- The former Darien Town Hall janitor and Norwalk resident who stands accused of reporting several false incidents at the municipal building is seeking mental health treatment, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Javonte Ramos, 20, is accused of lying about three incidents at Town Hall, one of which included a threatening letter that triggered an evacuation of the building, police said.
Ramos called the police again on April 15, reporting a suspicious person outside the building. This and his other reports were deemed to be fabrications, police said.
He was fired from his position with the town after his arrest on April 24.
Ramos will seek treatment at Stamford's Franklin S. Dubois Center. He is scheduled to appear in court again on Monday, June 16, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien