DARIEN, Conn. -- The former Darien Town Hall janitor and Norwalk resident who stands accused of reporting several false incidents at the municipal building is seeking mental health treatment, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Javonte Ramos, 20, is accused of lying about three incidents at Town Hall, one of which included a threatening letter that triggered an evacuation of the building, police said.
Ramos called the police again on April 15, reporting a suspicious person outside the building. This and his other reports were deemed to be fabrications, police said.
He was fired from his position with the town after his arrest on April 24.
Ramos will seek treatment at Stamford's Franklin S. Dubois Center. He is scheduled to appear in court again on Monday, June 16, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien