DARIEN, Conn. -- A 25-year-old Darien woman was arrested after fighting with her fiance and brother after an evening out to celebrate a birthday, police said.
Police were called to the woman's Noroton Avenue apartment at about 2 a.m. Sunday. The woman, her fiance and her brother had gone out that night to celebrate the brother's birthday, police said. When the brother and fiance returned home, police said they thought the woman would follow them, but she got a ride home from a friend later that night. An argument among the three of them turned physical, according to police.
During the fight, the woman knocked the glasses from her fiance's head, according to police. Officers also reported seeing broken glass on the floor, a broken lamp, and a coffee maker that had been knocked over.
The woman's brother and fiance told police that she had indicated she wanted to harm herself. They were afraid for her safety because of a combination of alcohol and medication that she had taken, police said. The woman told police that she did not remember the incident or saying that she wanted to hurt herself.
She was charged with disorderly conduct after the altercation early Sunday, police said. She was taken to Norwalk Hospital for observation after her family members feared she might hurt herself and released later Sunday, police said. She appeared in court Monday.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies