STAMFORD, Conn. ‒ A Darien woman crossing a street in Stamford Monday was attacked by another woman wielding an object like a tire iron, Capt. Tom Wuennemann said.
The victim was crossing Main Street when a car pulled up and the driver attacked her with an object described as both a crow bar and a tire iron, Wuennemann said. The victim was treated at Stamford Hospital for lacerations and injuries to her teeth, he said.
Investigators do not believe the attack was random, but they do not know what the motive was, Wuennemann said.
The victim told police that she has been receiving harassing phone calls, Wuennemann said. However, he said he has not heard the calls and is not sure if they are related to the attack.
Police hope the victim will come into headquarters Tuesday and provide information that will lead to an arrest, he said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Darien
- 3 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 4 Darien Honors Veterans With Wreaths Across America Ceremony
- 5 Darien's Taylor Named State's Gatorade Volleyball Player Of The Year