STAMFORD, Conn. ‒ A Darien woman crossing a street in Stamford Monday was attacked by another woman wielding an object like a tire iron, Capt. Tom Wuennemann said.
The victim was crossing Main Street when a car pulled up and the driver attacked her with an object described as both a crow bar and a tire iron, Wuennemann said. The victim was treated at Stamford Hospital for lacerations and injuries to her teeth, he said.
Investigators do not believe the attack was random, but they do not know what the motive was, Wuennemann said.
The victim told police that she has been receiving harassing phone calls, Wuennemann said. However, he said he has not heard the calls and is not sure if they are related to the attack.
Police hope the victim will come into headquarters Tuesday and provide information that will lead to an arrest, he said.
- 1 Porta Potty Set On Fire Outside Darien Construction Site
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County