STAMFORD, Conn. ‒ A Darien woman crossing a street in Stamford Monday was attacked by another woman wielding an object like a tire iron, Capt. Tom Wuennemann said.
The victim was crossing Main Street when a car pulled up and the driver attacked her with an object described as both a crow bar and a tire iron, Wuennemann said. The victim was treated at Stamford Hospital for lacerations and injuries to her teeth, he said.
Investigators do not believe the attack was random, but they do not know what the motive was, Wuennemann said.
The victim told police that she has been receiving harassing phone calls, Wuennemann said. However, he said he has not heard the calls and is not sure if they are related to the attack.
Police hope the victim will come into headquarters Tuesday and provide information that will lead to an arrest, he said.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens