DARIEN, Conn. — A Darien woman died Wednesday morning in what appeared to be an accidental drowning, according to Darien police. Police have confirmed that the victim was Amelia McCann, 45, of Mansfield Place.
Police received a 911 call at 10 a.m. from a home at 2 Mansfield Place saying that a woman had been found submerged in the backyard pool by her husband. Emergency crews responded and performed CPR. The woman was transported by Post 53 to Stamford Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The home where the incident took place belongs to Richard and Amelia McCann. The couple moved in a few years ago with their three children. The backyard pool where the incident took place opened within the past month.
Stay tuned as more information on this story becomes available.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters