DARIEN, Conn. — A Darien woman died Wednesday morning in what appeared to be an accidental drowning, according to Darien police. Police have confirmed that the victim was Amelia McCann, 45, of Mansfield Place.
Police received a 911 call at 10 a.m. from a home at 2 Mansfield Place saying that a woman had been found submerged in the backyard pool by her husband. Emergency crews responded and performed CPR. The woman was transported by Post 53 to Stamford Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The home where the incident took place belongs to Richard and Amelia McCann. The couple moved in a few years ago with their three children. The backyard pool where the incident took place opened within the past month.
Stay tuned as more information on this story becomes available.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Snow Could Return To Darien For Monday Morning Commute