DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police and firefighters teamed up with local kids to help hand out smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to the public.
The Darien Police Department and Depot Youth Center recently hosted the "Cops & Kids Adventures" program and the Darien Depot sponsored the event. Firefighters were on hand to answer questions about the smoke detectors and fire safety in the home.
"Cops & Kids Adventures" was formed by The Depot Youth Center and Darien Police Department and is funded by a grant written by Traffic Officer T. Court Isaac of the Darien Police Department. The grant is provided by Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management, which provides opportunities for police and youth to team up for activities and community projects.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker