DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police and firefighters teamed up with local kids to help hand out smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to the public.
The Darien Police Department and Depot Youth Center recently hosted the "Cops & Kids Adventures" program and the Darien Depot sponsored the event. Firefighters were on hand to answer questions about the smoke detectors and fire safety in the home.
"Cops & Kids Adventures" was formed by The Depot Youth Center and Darien Police Department and is funded by a grant written by Traffic Officer T. Court Isaac of the Darien Police Department. The grant is provided by Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management, which provides opportunities for police and youth to team up for activities and community projects.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools