DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police and firefighters teamed up with local kids to help hand out smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to the public.
The Darien Police Department and Depot Youth Center recently hosted the "Cops & Kids Adventures" program and the Darien Depot sponsored the event. Firefighters were on hand to answer questions about the smoke detectors and fire safety in the home.
"Cops & Kids Adventures" was formed by The Depot Youth Center and Darien Police Department and is funded by a grant written by Traffic Officer T. Court Isaac of the Darien Police Department. The grant is provided by Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management, which provides opportunities for police and youth to team up for activities and community projects.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien