DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien police and firefighters teamed up with local kids to help hand out smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to the public.
The Darien Police Department and Depot Youth Center recently hosted the "Cops & Kids Adventures" program and the Darien Depot sponsored the event. Firefighters were on hand to answer questions about the smoke detectors and fire safety in the home.
"Cops & Kids Adventures" was formed by The Depot Youth Center and Darien Police Department and is funded by a grant written by Traffic Officer T. Court Isaac of the Darien Police Department. The grant is provided by Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management, which provides opportunities for police and youth to team up for activities and community projects.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money