DARIEN, Conn. – Two sons of former Darien First Selectman Evonne Klein were among five people arrested Monday in connection with vandalism at the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Bowl.
Michael and Gregory Klein, both 21, of Darien were charged with third-degree criminal mischief, second-degree criminal trespass and conspiracy to third-degree criminal mischief. Kevin Green, 22, William Canning, 21, and Rocco Colandro, 21, were arrested on the same charges. All five were released on a promise to appear in court on Jan. 7.
The arrests stem from an incident at the annual football game against New Canaan High School. A New Canaan player told police that during the game someone urinated on team equipment being kept in the girls locker room. A backpack with $20 was also reported stolen.
Police applied for arrest warrants for the five former Darien High School students after reviewing surveillance tapes.
The Klein brothers are the sons of the former first selectman and her husband, current Darien Democratic Town Committee Chair Randy Klein. Evonne Klein was the first selectman from 2003 to 2009.
- 1 Porta Potty Set On Fire Outside Darien Construction Site
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage