GREENWICH, Conn. -- The trial for Michael DeMaio, a Greenwich man accused of trying to bludgeon his wife to death, has been put on hold until his divorce is finalized, according to newstimes.com.
Superior Court Judge Gary White ruled to continue the case until May 7, when the divorce papers are expected to be signed, the newstimes.com reported. DeMaio's attorney also said the delay will provide time for psychiatric evaluations of DeMaio to be completed, newstimes.com reported.
DeMaio is accused of attacking his wife, Diane DeMaio, with a baseball bat after she told him of her plans to separate from him. DeMaio fractured Diane's skull and left her in a coma.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Pure Barre Opens New Fitness Studio In Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield