DARIEN, Conn. -- Someone shoplifted hundreds of dollars worth of over-the-counter medication from the CVS in Darien last week, according to police.
The theft occurred on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at around 2:30 p.m. The store manager told police that a man entered the store from the Post Road entrance, asked an employee about diapers, and then began filling a Hallmark gift bag with medication. When an employee asked the man if he needed help, he cursed at the employee. He then quickly walked out of the store with the bag, and was last seen heading westbound on the Post Road, police said.
Among the items the man took were 20 boxes of Prilosec OTC, valued at $502, 43 boxes of Zantac, valued at $802, and 28 boxes of Mucinex, valued at $615. He also stole the gift bag he used to carry the medicine, which was valued at $4.99.
According to police the man was described as a 6-foot tall black male, approximately 35 years old, with a medium build, short cropped black hair and clean-shaven. He was wearing a long black jacket, black jeans and black sneakers with white soles, police said. The manager also told police that the man had an odor of marijuana. Police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien