STAMFORD, Conn. -- Fire investigators were seeking the cause of a fire that engulfed a 40-foot-long boat in Avalon Stamford Harbor on Wednesday night and sent noxious smoke into the city, according to the Stamford Advocate.
A sailboat next to the large power boat also caught fire and sank, leading to the rescue of four people by emergency crews, according to the article.
At least 28 firefighters and the Stamford Fire Department's fire boat worked to put out the flames, the Advocate said.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy