DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien family returned home from a weekend vacation to find their Lynn Court home had been broken into and a number of valuables taken, according to police.
The family left their home the morning of Friday, July 25, and returned the afternoon of Monday, July 28. When the family came home, they found that someone had cut the screen to a window leading from the deck to the laundry room, police said.
They checked the house, and found that someone had gone through the dresser and closet in the master bedroom, as well as drawers to a vanity in the bathroom, police said.
A diamond and platinum ring valued at over $10,000 was among the items stolen, according to police. A platinum wedding band with diamonds, a necklace with diamonds and sapphires, and a pair of earrings with diamonds and sapphires were also taken, police said. The value of those items has not been determined.
The matter remains under investigation, police said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools