DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien family returned home from a weekend vacation to find their Lynn Court home had been broken into and a number of valuables taken, according to police.
The family left their home the morning of Friday, July 25, and returned the afternoon of Monday, July 28. When the family came home, they found that someone had cut the screen to a window leading from the deck to the laundry room, police said.
They checked the house, and found that someone had gone through the dresser and closet in the master bedroom, as well as drawers to a vanity in the bathroom, police said.
A diamond and platinum ring valued at over $10,000 was among the items stolen, according to police. A platinum wedding band with diamonds, a necklace with diamonds and sapphires, and a pair of earrings with diamonds and sapphires were also taken, police said. The value of those items has not been determined.
The matter remains under investigation, police said.
- 1 Swastikas Spray-Painted On Trees At Darien Bird Sanctuary
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien