DARIEN, Conn. - The man who was struck and killed by a train at the Noroton Heights station Monday morning has been identified as Kevin Murphy, 55, of Darien, according to Metro-North.
There is currently no information on how Murphy got on to the tracks, according to MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. The incident is being investigated by MTA police.
Murphy was hit just before 6:30 a.m. by a train that had departed New Haven at 5:38 a.m. The accident temporarily shut down all eastbound service at the Noroton Heights, Darien and Rowayton stations. Service was resumed late Monday morning.
- 1 Dogs Attack Woman And Her Labrador At Darien's Tilley Pond Park
- 2 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge On Route 1 In Darien
- 5 Darien Selectman Kicks Up Her Heels At ElderHouse's Dancing With The Stars