3 p.m. update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- A motorcyclist from Norwalk was killed on Interstate 95 north just before Exit 9 near the Stamford and Darien border late Sunday, April 13, according to ctnews.com.
According to the Connecticut State Police, Armando Barrera, 38, of 77 Benedict St., Norwalk, was killed instantly, ctnews.com said.
Barrera struck a slow-moving construction truck, was thrown off his motorcycle and then struck by another vehicle, ctnews.com said.
Barrera was pronounced dead at the scene. The crash remained under investigation.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend