DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien officers Tasered a man who ran naked through a Stephen Mather Road home while on hallucinogenic drugs Monday afternoon, police said.
Police received numerous complaints at about 4:30 p.m. Monday of a naked man running through yards and trying to gain access to several homes on Stephen Mather Road. Officers arrived and saw the naked man, later identified as Eric Christensen, 19, of Darien, in the area of Maplewood Drive, police said. Upon seeing the officers, Christensen ran off and a foot pursuit ensued, according to police.
Christensen then ran into an unlocked Stephen Mather Road home, which was occupied by the residents, police said. He ran through the house, refusing to comply with officers' orders and ran into a room occupied by two small children, police said. Officers fought Christensen and Tasered him in order to subdue him, according to police. He was taken into custody, and no injuries were reported.
Police said it was determined that Christensen was under the influence of a hallucinogenic narcotic drug, and he was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Christensen was later released from the hospital into police custody. He was charged with second-degree burglary, risk of injury to a minor and interfering with an officer. He was held on $2,500 bond and will appear in court on July 11.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien