DARIEN, Conn. -- A FedEx driver was bitten by a dog while delivering a package to a home on Stony Brook Road in Darien, police said.
The incident occurred at 10:45 a.m. Friday, May 2, according to police. The driver was dropping a package off on the front porch of the house when a large black dog ran up and bit him on the leg, police said.
The bite left a cut on the lower portion of the driver's left leg, police said. He was treated by Post 53 and transported to Norwalk Hospital.
The Darien police animal control officer is following up on the incident.
Police said the dog will likely have to be quarantined on the property for 14 days as a result of the bite.
The owner of the home has two Bernese Mountain Dogs, and police said that town records indicate that they are both up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy