DARIEN, Conn. -- Money was reported stolen out of two bedrooms at a home on Hoyt Street in Darien, according to police.
The theft was reported on the afternoon of Wednesday, May 14. The resident of the home said that an employee of an air duct cleaning service was in the house between 1:30 and 3:12 p.m. When the employee left, the woman noticed that money was missing from her two daughters' bedrooms. Both bedrooms were adjacent to the door where the employee had accessed the attic to clean the air ducts.
The resident noticed the money was missing when she saw that a small pink money box in her 27-year-old daughter's bedroom was wide open. The woman told police that she had seen the box closed three times that day before she noticed it was left open. Missing from the box was $200 in cash. The resident also reported that about $45 in cash was missing from a purse in her 14-year-old daughter's bedroom. The mother and the 27-year-old daughter were not at home when the thefts occurred, and the 14-year-old daughter was outside. Police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Dogs Attack Woman And Her Labrador At Darien's Tilley Pond Park
- 2 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge On Route 1 In Darien
- 4 Darien Selectman Kicks Up Her Heels At ElderHouse's Dancing With The Stars
- 5 Darien Man Wins Paddle With A Paddle To Benefit AmeriCares