DARIEN, Conn. -- Someone may have tried to blow up a mailbox on Stephen Mather Road last weekend, Darien police said.
A Darien resident reported that on Aug. 3 she went out to her mailbox and found some of her mail was charred, according to police reports.
The plastic sleeve inside the mailbox that held her mail was damaged from smoke and fire, police said.
Officers found what appeared to be a small firework inside the mailbox and believe that somebody tried to blow up the box, police said.
The post and exterior of the mailbox were undamaged, and the matter is under investigation.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Darien
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report