DARIEN, Conn. -- Someone may have tried to blow up a mailbox on Stephen Mather Road last weekend, Darien police said.
A Darien resident reported that on Aug. 3 she went out to her mailbox and found some of her mail was charred, according to police reports.
The plastic sleeve inside the mailbox that held her mail was damaged from smoke and fire, police said.
Officers found what appeared to be a small firework inside the mailbox and believe that somebody tried to blow up the box, police said.
The post and exterior of the mailbox were undamaged, and the matter is under investigation.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend