DARIEN, Conn. -- A $2,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of the suspect who robbed the People's United Bank in Darien last week.
The People's United Bank in the Goodwives Shopping Center was robbed at about 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 30.
The suspect entered the bank with an open umbrella to shield himself from vestibule and ATM cameras, Darien police said. Once inside, he pulled out a silver long-barreled revolver and jumped over the counter, police said. After taking an undisclosed amount of money, he left the bank and was last seen running toward the rear of the shopping center.
The suspect is described as a male and 6 feet, 3 inches tall, according to police. He was wearing a dark-colored ski mask, black gloves, a navy hooded parka, and black cargo pants. His umbrella was plaid blue and had a light brown handle.
The Darien Police Detective Division is investigating the robbery. The Connecticut Bankers Reward Association has established a reward of up to $2,000 for information that leads to the suspect's arrest.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Detective Division at 203-662-5330.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Darien Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Darien; Blizzard Warning Issued