DARIEN, Conn. -- A young girl found a live shotgun shell while playing at Cherry Lawn Park, Darien police said.
A Norwalk resident reported that he and his granddaughter were playing at the park on Tuesday, May 6, when she found the shell, police said. Police said the shotgun shell was found near the tennis courts.
The shell was a black Remington 12-gauge round, police said. There is no hunting in the area, and police are investigating the matter.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker