DARIEN, Conn. -- A young girl found a live shotgun shell while playing at Cherry Lawn Park, Darien police said.
A Norwalk resident reported that he and his granddaughter were playing at the park on Tuesday, May 6, when she found the shell, police said. Police said the shotgun shell was found near the tennis courts.
The shell was a black Remington 12-gauge round, police said. There is no hunting in the area, and police are investigating the matter.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend