DARIEN, Conn. -- A young girl found a live shotgun shell while playing at Cherry Lawn Park, Darien police said.
A Norwalk resident reported that he and his granddaughter were playing at the park on Tuesday, May 6, when she found the shell, police said. Police said the shotgun shell was found near the tennis courts.
The shell was a black Remington 12-gauge round, police said. There is no hunting in the area, and police are investigating the matter.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal