DARIEN, Conn. -- A young girl found a live shotgun shell while playing at Cherry Lawn Park, Darien police said.
A Norwalk resident reported that he and his granddaughter were playing at the park on Tuesday, May 6, when she found the shell, police said. Police said the shotgun shell was found near the tennis courts.
The shell was a black Remington 12-gauge round, police said. There is no hunting in the area, and police are investigating the matter.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield