DARIEN, Conn. -- A young girl found a live shotgun shell while playing at Cherry Lawn Park, Darien police said.
A Norwalk resident reported that he and his granddaughter were playing at the park on Tuesday, May 6, when she found the shell, police said. Police said the shotgun shell was found near the tennis courts.
The shell was a black Remington 12-gauge round, police said. There is no hunting in the area, and police are investigating the matter.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years