DARIEN, Conn. -- A sign has been stolen from Cherry Lawn Park in Darien, according to police.
Employees of the Parks and Recreation Department noticed the sign was missing from the entrance to the park on Monday, May 12. The 3-foot by 3-foot sign reads "Cherry Lawn Park - Darien Nature Center - Darien Parks and Recreation Commission." It is valued at $1,500 to 2,000, according to police.
The sign was broken off from its posts, police said. Police are investigating the incident.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director